- August 11-22, 2015
West Africa is infused with culture, rich history and art.
Ghana brings an up-front and personal experience of the roots and passage from Africa to America. It offers unusual sights and enchanting traditions, along with coastal landscapes, rain forests, and swampland. It all comes together and demonstrates the region's beautiful extremes. Ghana remains primitive, untouched and unbelievable.
As you will agree, It's All so Amazing!
- Day 1: Travel Day depart United States via JFK Airport
Day 2: Arrive in Accra, Ghana/Hotel check-in, meet & greet/late afternoon city tour
Day 3: (B,L) Full day tour: Accra city tour/Visit W.E.B. DuBois Center/Tour Independence Square/Visit Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum & Museum
Day 4: (B,L,D) Visit the Aburi Botanical Gardens, which overlooks the coastal plains at an elevation up to 1,500 ft. above sea levels/Drive to Accra/Dinner and overnight stay
Day 5: (B,L,D) Morning drive to Kumasi, the Ashanti Kingdom of Gold/Visit gold mining town, Obuasi/Viewing of the "Slave River"/Dinner and overnight stay in Kumasi
Day 6: (B,L,D) Full day tour to the Ashanti craft villages: visit woodcarving village Ahwiaa/then journey to Ntonso village to lean artisan's make hand-stamp ink/Our final village is Bonwire, where the famous Kente cloth is made, where you will see weavers in the creation/Leisure evening, where you have the option to visit Kumasi Central Market, the largest open-air market in West Africa
Day 7: (B) Full day tour of Elmina Castle and surrounding city tour
Day 8: (B,L,D) Walking tour on the rainforest floor of the Kakum National Park/Relaxing afternoon at the swimming pool or take a leisurely stroll along the beach
Day 9: (B,L,D) Full day tours and overnight stay in Cape Coast: Visit Cape Coast Castle, home to the infamous "Door of No Return"
Day 10: (B) We participate in a traditional naming ceremony lead by chiefs and elders of the community as performed by our ancestors through history
Day 11: (B,L,D) Full leisure day, where you can take a dip in the pool or relax on the beach
Day 12: (B) Depart Accra, Ghana to the United States, JFK
(B) Breakfast (L) Lunch (D) Dinner
Itineraries are subject to change. In the event there is an itinerary change, comparable lodging, meals and activities will be provided.
Round-trip International flights
4 Star hotel accommodations
Admission to listed sites and activities
Meals as indicated
Experienced English speaking tour guide
Round trip airport/hotel transfers
Air-condition transportation in private vehicle
Meeting & assistance upon arrival & departure
All driver/guide gratuities
Passport and Visa Required
Yellow Fever vaccination Required
All personal expenses, including beverages
Any services not stated
- Total Tour Price: $4,080, double occupancy
Single Room Price: $5,080
Children's Price (under 12): $2,800
Reservation Amount: $299
Monthly Payment: $320 OR your chosen monthly amount
Final Payment Due Date: May 30, 2015
Payment Forms: Credit Card, Check, or Money Order
- What it if I travel without a roommate? No worries. We will assign you a roommate and introduce you before the tour.
- Can I have a single room? If so, what is the price? Yes, you can select to have a single room. The price is listed in the 'Pricing Info' tab.
- Will I need a Passport? Visa? For this tour you will need both a U.S. Passport and a Visa.
- Will there be a guide on the tour? Yes, there will be tour leader throughout the trip and a local guide on tours.
- Is a vaccination required for this tour? Yes, you are required to have Yellow Fever vaccination.
- How much luggage can I carry? You can carry up to two checked bags, each up to 50 lbs.
- Will I see anyone at the airport? Yes, you will be greeted by your tour leader at the international flight departing gate.
- When we arrive, do I handle my luggage? There will be a baggage handler, that will load and unload your luggage at the destination.
- When are monthly payments due? Monthly payments are due anytime within the month.
- Can I pay a different monthly amount? Yes, you may a self-chose amount you are comfortable with.
- Can children come on the tours? What are the children's prices? Yes, children are welcomed on this tour. The price for children under the age of 12, is $2,080.
- Do you provide travel insurance? No, we do not offer travel insurance; however, we do recommend it.
- Call us: 1-855-59-GROUP
Email us: Info@PeopleThatTravel.com
Mail: P.O. Box 44592
Charlotte, NC 28215